- 50A Power Supply
- Smart Charger
PRICE FOR SINGLE UNIT
50 Amp Car Battery Charger PRV SC-50AMP Power Supply and Smart Automatic Maintainer
The SC-50AMP Smart Charger is a modern and efficient 3-in-1 automotive battery charger and power supply unit designed to deliver ideal voltage to batteries while consistently preventing overcharges.
This adjustable Power Supply unit can eliminate the need to run your car alternator and supply power to a 12v system without the use of any batteries.
- Built-in Multimeter Display: Voltage / Current / Average Amps per Hour
Microprocessor Charging System (MCS) Smart Battery Charger:
Its microprocessor controls current flow while batteries are charging, guaranteeing no overcharging, and always maintaining set voltage.
Eliminate hours of charging on a large battery bank, where more batteries demand additional current to be able to charge faster.
Constant 50A current and constant 14.4V voltage, very suitable for charging any AGM, GEL, lithium-ion or LiFePO4 automotive, marine and deep-cycle 12V batteries.
Adjustable Power Supply (APS) Power on Demand:
The SC-50AMP is not only a charger, but a real power supply able to deliver instant power to your system! Adjustable voltage and current controls help set the best performance according to the available power source.
A great addition to your custom-sound-system loaded show car, the SC-50AMP lets you:
- Avoid idling your vehicle for hours
- Save on gas
- Prevent unnecessary engine wear
- or even power your custom 12v home system without the use of batteries
The SC-50Amp can supply power to a system, up to 1000-Watts, without the use of any batteries. Adding a 100Ah battery will allow you to power a system, up to 3500 Watts, for about 1 hour of play time before having to fully recharge the battery.
The larger the battery bank, the longer you will be able to play or the more power on demand you will have access to for a short period of time.
Fully Automatic Battery Maintainer (FABM) Charge Loop:
When you reach 14.4v, the Maintainer mode will start. After 3 hours of charging at 14.4v, the voltage will drop to 13.8v, maintaining such voltage for up to 23 hours. A final equalization mode then brings voltage up to 14.4v for 1 hour. The FABM mode will keep the unit in an infinite loop on this cycle while plugged in, preventing overheating and permanent damage to batteries.
Its adjustable amperage control gives you ultimate control when powering/charging your system, without the risk of tripping any breakers. Should the power outlet not be strong enough, you can adjust the amperage output on the power supply to match the circuit power grid that you are plugged into.
Protect your batteries and get the most performance from your system with the simple tips below:
- Before using your sound system, turn on the power supply a few hours beforehand so that fully recharge the batteries
- Keep the power supply turned on the whole time while the system is playing
- After using the sound system, keep the power supply turned on until it recharges the batteries at its full cycle
- The least the batteries discharge and recharge, the longer they will last.
- Battery life is linked to charge/discharge cycles
- AC Power Input:the AC input power connection must be within range of 100-140VAC with a maximum current consumption of 10 amps.
- Electric Extension Cord: The cable must be at least 14 Gauge with a maximum length of 25 feet or 12 Gauge with a maximum length of 50 feet.
- Low Input Voltage: The unit will go into protection, if input AC voltage goes below its voltage range on the table below.
- Temperature: its temperature is monitor when the unit is ON, if it exceeds over 185°F the unit will NOT stop working but it will lower its output power. When it reaches at normal operation temperature, its power output goes back to its maximum potential.
- Shortage on DC Output: If any short circuit occurs, the unit will go into protection mode.
BAD BATTERY WARMING:If after 24 hours of charging the battery does not hold charge and reach 14.4V or not entered into FABM mode, it is probably already at the end of its useful life.In this case the battery must be replaced with a new one.
|AC Input Voltage||Bivolt Automatic (120/220VAC)|
|AC Input Voltage 127v||100 – 140v AC|
|AC Input Voltage 220v||170 – 250v AC|
|Maximum Output Current||50A|
|Maximum Input Current 127v||10A|
|Maximum Input Current 220v||6A|
|Output Voltage||12.5v to 14.4v ± 1%|
|Dimension (WxDxH)||7.70″ x 7.33″ x 2.95″|
I have this 50a charger/power supply to use on my Harley to play the music and keep my battery charged/maintained. It keeps a constant voltage as long as I want while playing the music! If you have a system on your bike I'd for sure look in to one of these. Very convenient. I also used the PRV 4 gauge 100% copper wire to hook it up.
Great power supply when tuning a system
i have this on my power wheels with a couple speakers love how great it works
I have this for my motorcycle and I always leave plug-in charging my batteries! I love the fact that I can take anywhere with me and always plug my motorcycle and just demo all day!